For the second consecutive week, the Hokies will be involved in a reverse mirror game. This time, the game will be available on ABC, ESPN or ESPN GamePlan based on where you live. This post will help you better understand the process and how you can see the game.
The Hokies play the Hurricanes at 3:30 p.m. EDT. The main thing to remember is that no matter where you live, you'll get to see the Big Ten game, which this week is Illinois at Ohio State.
- If you live in the ACC's geographic footprint, you'll get to see the Hokies and Hurricanes on your local ABC affiliate. The Illinois-Ohio State game will be on ESPN (DTV 206). The other game, California at Oregon, will be available on ESPN GamePlan.
- If you live in the middle part of the country and likely the Northeast, the Illinois-Ohio State game will be on your local ABC affiliate, Virginia Tech-Miami will be on ESPN (DTV 206) and California-Oregon will be on ESPN Game Plan.
- The only way you won't be able to see Virginia Tech is the California-Oregon game is on your local ABC affiliate. This will likely be the Western part of the country. If Cal-UO is on ABC where you live, Illinois-Ohio State will be on ESPN and Virginia Tech-Miami will be on ESPN GamePlan.
- I think a good part of the country will get to see the Hokies this week. I don't think ABC will put Cal and Oregon on in the Northeast like it did last week with USC and Washington. I think the Big Ten game will get on the most ABC stations, putting the Hokies and Hurricanes on ESPN in the majority of the country.
- The coverage maps for this game will be available on Wednesday. This post will be updated when they are released. (See Below)