Welcome to FAILville, population 12.
Week 1 Power Poll
1. Georgia Tech
4. Virginia Tech
5. Florida State
6. Boston College
7. North Carolina
8. Wake Forest
10. NC State
Week 1 Results
South Carolina 7, NC State 3
Georgia Tech 37, Jacksonville State 17
Boston College 54, Northeastern 0
Baylor 24, Wake Forest 21
William and Mary 26, Virginia 14
North Carolina 40, The Citadel 6
Clemson 37, Middle Tennessee State 14
Richmond 24, Duke 16
Alabama 34, Virginia Tech 24
Cal 52, Maryland 13
Miami 38, Florida State 34
Week 2 Schedule
All Times Eastern
Thursday, Sept. 10
Clemson at Georgia Tech - 7:30, ESPN, DTV 206
Saturday, Sept. 12
Stanford at Wake Forest - Noon, Raycom, DTV TBA
Duke at Army - Noon, CBSCS, DTV 613
North Carolina at Connecticut - Noon, ESPNU, DTV 614
Marshall at Virginia Tech - 1:30, ESPN360
Kent State at Boston College - 2:00, ESPN360
TCU at Virginia - 3:30, ESPNU, DTV 614
Murray State at NC State - 6:00
James Madison at Maryland - 6:00, ESPN360
Jacksonville State at Florida State - 6:00, ESPN360
- Good wins: Miami
- Non-catastrophic Losses: Virginia Tech, Florida State
- BC looked the best among the group that played FCS opponents.
- I would say I'm off the NC State bandwagon, but I was never on it to begin with.
- Wake's loss will look better as the season goes on.
- Yes, Miami-Florida State was a great game. But there was some bad defense played by both teams.
- Florida State's William Floyd is the worst color commentator I have ever heard. He was so bad it was comical. Consistently yelled over the pxp guy. Failed to put together complete or coherent sentences. Frequently used football terminology incorrectly. Constantly repeated himself. If I'm an FSU fan, I'd be embarrassed by him. But since I'm not, I encourage FSU to keep him so I'll know to listen and take notes from here on out to use as blog fodder.