I thought I was going to follow the Hokies to Miami for this year's Orange Bowl. I've never missed a Virginia Tech BCS game and I had planned to keep that streak alive for the game against Stanford. Unfortunately, flights to Miami are $500 from where I am and it's impossible for me to afford the trip. Consider me a casualty of the recession.
But I won't be alone in watching the Hokies from home. Mark Giannotto has an update on Virginia Tech's Orange Bowl ticket sales, writing we've still only sold 6,500 through the university as of last week. We'll find out how many Hokie fans bought their tickets through StubHub when the game kicks off Jan. 3.
What I want to know, through this very informal poll, is what your status is for the Orange Bowl. Here are your choices:
I'm Going w/ Tickets Through VT
- You're among the 6,500 that bought tickets through the university.
I'm Going w/ Tickets Through Elsewhere
- You're still going to the game, but got your tickets (and probably got them for a lot cheaper) through eBay, StubHub, a ticket broker or any other source.
I Can't Afford It
- Like me, you want to go, but can't afford the high price of the trip.
I Can't Get Off Work
- The game's on a Monday, so realistically you'd have to take at least two days off work to go down to Miami. Unfortunately, The Man is holding you down.
I'm Sick of Going to Miami
- Seriously? You're tired of warm weather and foreign girls in bikinis? Well, too each his own. After all, this is the Hokies' third trip to the Orange Bowl in four years. You know we spoil you, right?
- Kindly explain in the comments.