Today, Virginia Tech will welcome new players to its program as 17- and 18-year olds from around the country use a fax machine for the first and probably last time in their lives to send in their National Letters of Intent. The Hokies' recruiting class will likely lack any headline-grabbing names unless there's an unexpected change late in the game.
Use this post as your open thread for National Signing Day. After the jump I'll post the list of recruiting that have made their commitment to Virginia Tech official as well as any news and commentary that you need. SB Nation has all the national stories covered, so you'll want to follow along with the mothership as well.
|Dewayne Alford||DE||6-3||225||Nansemond River||Suffolk, Va.||***|
|Adeboye Aromire||CB||6-0||180||H.D. Woodson||Washington, DC||***|
|Kevin Asante||WR||6-0||185||Mallard Creek||Charlotte, NC||**|
|Michael Cole||DB||6-1||200||Cave Spring||Roanoke, Va.||***|
|Wedley Estime||DE||6-3||215||Atlantic||Delray Beach, Fla.||***|
|James Farrow||CB||6-0||170||Minnetonka||Chanhassen, Minn.||***|
|Jake Goins||OL||6-5||288||Manchester||Midlothian, Va.||***|
|Chris Hall||TE||6-5||232||Dinwiddie||Petersburg, Va.||***|
|Kris Harley||DT||6-1||275||Warren Central||Indianapolis||****|
|Michael Holmes||RB||6-1||200||Harrisonburg||Harrisonburg, Va.||***|
|Kyshoen Jarrett||CB||5-10||175||E. Stroudsburg South||Tannersville, Pa.||****|
|Demitri Knowles||WR||6-0||175||Liberty Christian||Lynchburg, Va.||***|
|Robert Lockhart||WR||6-2||175||West Boca Raton||Delray Beach, Fla.||***|
|Luther Maddy||DT||6-1||280||Atlantic||Delray Beach, Fla.||**|
|Ryan Malleck||TE||6-5||240||Pt. Pleasant Borough||Pt. Pleasant, NJ||***|
|Corey Marshall||DE||6-2||252||Dinwiddie||Petersburg, Va.||****|
|Darius Redman||TE||6-4||240||H.D. Woodson||Washington, DC||**|
|Christian Reeves||TE||6-3||215||Eagles Landing Christian||McDonough, Ga.||***|
|Matt Roth||DE||6-3||225||Nease||St. Augustine, Fla.||***|
|Justin Taylor||DE||6-3||225||Hargrave Military||Chatham, Va.||***|
|Ronny Vandyke||DB||6-3||200||South County||Lorton, Va.||****|
News and Notes
- Virginia Tech's official list
- Gobbler Country on The Twitter
- Aromire and Taylor were early enrollees and are already on campus.
- Lafonte Thourogood has committed to Vanderbilt.
- Lockhart, who appeared to be wavering on his commitment, has officially signed with Tech.
- Stephone Anthony just announced on ESPNU that he's not surprisingly heading to Clemson.
- Virginia Tech's class appears to be finished. The stars are obviously the four-star guys, including Harley. With the Virginia Tech's lack of developed depth at DT, he could be one of the first members of this class to make an impact.
- Some of the less-heralded guys I like are the running back, Holmes and Knowles, one of the wide receivers.
- What I don't like about this class is the lack of recruited offensive linemen. Once again, we appear to have gone after a lot of tight ends, most of which will wind up moving to the line. Having more athletic linemen who are converted TEs completely flies in the face of our offensive philosophy, which is a ground control, between-the-tackles offense.
- We didn't get any of the big name guys our fans wanted to see, but there are some diamonds in the rough in this class that will be able to become solid contributors. They problem won't become elite players, but they'll be good college players that can help Tech win games.
- I don't think this class is as disastrous as chicagomaroon made it sound earlier this morning. However, it is a disappointing class that isn't nearly as good as those who look a little too much on the bright side are making it out to be.