This is the preliminary ballot for the blog, not just me, so your opinion counts. Make any arguments in the comments. The final ballot is due Wednesday morning.
Games Watched: Texas at Texas A&M, Illinois at Cincinnati, Alabama at Auburn, Pittsburgh at West Virginia, Nevada at Boise State, Clemson at South Carolina (first half), Ole Miss at Mississippi State (second half), Oklahoma State at Oklahoma, North Carolina at NC State, Virginia Tech at Virginia, Florida State at Florida (first half), Kansas vs. Missouri (second half), Boston College at Maryland (first half), Utah at BYU, Arkansas at LSU, Georgia at Georgia Tech, Notre Dame at Stanford (second half), Navy at Hawaii, UCLA at USC.
|Last week's ballot|
Dropped Out: North Carolina (#20).
- The undefeateds stay the same. Alabama and Texas had its hands full on the road and Florida won big at home. I didn't see anything that would lead me to change those three, did you?
- As for the other three, I nearly had Cincy jumping TCU, but right now the Horned Frogs' resume is still better in my opinion. Should Cincy move up if it beats Pitt?
- The rest is just a massive fustercluck. It's tough to make sense of, but I tried to pay attention to head-to-head results, which even then leads to some inconsistency, especially in the Pac 10.
- Are the Hokies too high? In a week where everyone was getting all they could handle in rivalry games, especially on the road, Tech took care of business and then some.
- Nebraska's back in the poll. Just in time to get crushed by Texas.