Final ballot is due Wednesday morning. You have a say in these rankings, so leave your gripes in the comments.
|Last week's ballot|
Dropped Out: Oklahoma (#21), Notre Dame (#23), California (#24).
- Welcome to the poll: Clemson, Stanford, Wisconsin
- Games watched: Virginia Tech at East Carolina, Boise State at Louisiana Tech, Northwestern at Iowa, Syracuse at Pittsburgh, South Carolina at Arkansas, Navy at Notre Dame (2nd half), LSU at Alabama, Ohio State at Penn State, Duke and North Carolina, Maryland at NC State (online), Oregon at Stanford (2nd half), Oregon State at Cal (1st half), Houston at Tulsa (2nd half), Oklahoma at Nebraska, Florida State at Clemson, Connecticut at Cincinnati (online), Fresno State at Idaho.
- TCU moves ahead of Cincinnati. Right now the Horned Frogs are playing a little bit better than the Bearcats. Both teams have huge games at home next week against Utah and West Virginia, respectively.
- Georgia Tech is the best one-loss team in the country. There was no doubt in my mind that the Yellow Jackets were going to convert that 4th and 1. If any team stops GT on 4th and 1 this year, I'll be stunned.
- 11-15 is a mess and you could put any of those teams at any of those spots. Any disagreement with what I have now?
- Ditto for 16-20.
- Clemson is playing about as well as anyone right now and the Tigers should win their next three games and get a rematch with GT in the ACCCG.
- To me, the teams at 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20 and 21-25 are clear. But the order in which they are ranked could be debated until next week's games kick off.