This week could have been a complete disaster. Instead, it was just a partial disaster.
Week 2 Power Poll
1. Georgia Tech
3. Virginia Tech
4. Boston College
6. North Carolina
7. Wake Forest
8. NC State
9. Florida State
Week 2 Results
Georgia Tech 30, Clemson 27
North Carolina 12, UConn 10
Wake Forest 24, Stanford 17
Duke 35, Army 19
Virginia Tech 52, Marshall 10
Boston College 34, Kent State 7
TCU 30, Virginia 14
NC State 65, Murray State 7
Florida State 19, Jacksonville State 9
Maryland 38. James Madison 35 (OT)
Week 3 Schedule
All Time Eastern
ESPN Game Plan Schedule
Thursday, Sept. 17
Georgia Tech at Miami - 7:30, ESPN, DTV 206
Saturday, Sept. 19
Boston College at Clemson - Noon, Raycom, DTV TBA
East Carolina at North Carolina - Noon, ESPN2, DTV 209
Duke at Kansas - Noon, Versus, DTV N/A
Nebraska at Viginia Tech - 3:30, ABC/ESPN2 Reverse Mirror, DTV 209 or TBA
Middle Tennessee State at Maryland - 3:30, ESPN360
Virginia at Southern Miss - 3:30, CBSCS, DTV 613
Gardner-Webb at NC State - 6:00, TBA
Elon at Wake Forest - 6:30, TBA
Florida State at BYU - 7:00, Versus, DTV N/A
- Good wins: Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, North Carolina
- Non-catastrophic losses: Clemson, Virginia
- BC continues to impress against inferior competition. They looked a lot worse against Kent State last year.
- NC State may not be as awful as we thought, but we won't know for sure for another couple of weeks.
- Florida State and Maryland may as well have lost.
- The Hokies had their biggest win in almost four years. Marshall was just was the doctor ordered before games against Nebraska and Miami.
- Wake Forest had an impressive comeback against Stanford. It may not be as bad as I thought.