Upset Saturday claimed four of the top five from last week's power poll.
Week 4 ACC Power Poll
1. Virginia Tech
2. Georgia Tech
3. NC State
6. Boston College
7. Florida State
8. North Carolina
9. Wake Forest
Week 4 Results
Georgia Tech 24, North Carolina 7
South Florida 17, Florida State 7
Boston College 27, Wake Forest 24 (OT)
Virginia Tech 31, Miami 7
TCU 14, Clemson 10
NC State 38, Pittsburgh 31
Rutgers 34, Maryland 13
Duke 49, NC Central 14
Week 5 Schedule
All Time Eastern
Saturday, Oct. 3
Virginia at North Carolina, Noon, Raycom, DTV TBA
Clemson at Maryland, Noon, ESPNU, DTV 614
Virginia Tech at Duke, Noon, ESPN360.com
Florida State at Boston College, 3:30, ABC/ESPN Reverse Mirror
NC State at Wake Forest, 3:30, ESPNU
Georgia Tech at Mississippi State, 7:30, CSS/ESPN GamePlan
Oklahoma at Miami, 8:00, ABC
- It was raining just about everywhere in the ACC on Saturday. Some teams were affected by it more than others.
- Georgia Tech and Jonathan Dwyer looked impressive against North Carolina. Time of possession is usually a useless stat, but the Jackets had the ball for just over 42 minutes against the Heels.
- Florida State really is last year's Maryland, losing at home to South Florida a week after demolishing a Top 10 team on the road. That's bad news for Boston College.
- Like most ACC teams, the Hokies need to find consistency. If they can do that, they could wind up being the team we thought they could be at the beginning of the season.
- NC State looked good in its comeback win over Pitt. The Wolfpack have improved every week since their season opening loss to South Carolina, a loss that doesn't look that bad anymore now that the Cocks have dispatched of Ole Miss.
- WTF, Maryland?