Looks like the most impressive guys were QB Tyrod Taylor, RB David Wilson, LB Bruce Taylor and CB Cris Hill. The emergence of Taylor is somewhat calming for people like me who were ready to chase our bourbon with paint thinner when we heard the news that starting mike linebacker Barquell Rivers was going to miss the Boise State game.
Hill is taking full advantage of the fact that the presumptive starter at field corner, Jayron Hosley, hasn't practiced much because of nagging injuries. Last week, Kyle Tucker told us not to worry about it. Well I'm starting to worry about it, but Hill's huge game makes me feel a little better.
Taylor was against solid and I'll get more in-depth with Wilson in the morning. For now, links:
- The official report from HokieSports.com has a run-down of the injuries to Hosley, whip linebackers Alonzo Tweedy and Lorenzo Williams and WR Xavier Boyce.
- James from Inside the Cassell makes an appearance on The Key Play and was impressed with kicker Chris Hazley and the back-up tight ends.
- CB Jacob Sykes might be one of the most improved players in camp, Darryl Slater reports.
- There was a Norm Wood sighting in Blacksburg on Saturday and Wood came away impressed with Wilson.
- Finally, KT thinks there will be more blocked kicks this season. My questions is, will they be by us or against us? Sure we blocked two punts Saturday, but they were against our own guys.