Another sign the season is almost here is that we get to start posting these again.
For those of you new to the site, the BlogPoll is run by SBN (but open to non-SBN blogs as well). Unlike other polls, it's completely transparent as we're required to post our ballot for review before submitting the final product. This year the final ballot will be due on Monday so these will be posted either late Saturday or early Sunday.
As I've said in years past, the BlogPoll ballot doesn't just belong to me, but to the entire Gobbler Country community. If you think I'm way off on something, call me out on it and explain why a team is too high or too low and who should be moved ahead/below them. The ballot gets altered often due to suggestions.
That's especially true in the preseason, which as we've seen is a complete crapshoot. After the jump is this year's preseason ballot. Fire away in the comments section with your suggestions. For reference, here's last year's final ballot.
- I've got Alabama No. 1 over Oklahoma. I like the Tide's defense more than I like the Sooners' offense.
- LSU was moved from No. 4 to No. 7 and Arkansas moved from No. 9 to No. 11 due to suspensions and injuries.
- Every year I throw one or two mid-major teams at the bottom of the ballot and those teams without fail manage to crap the bed in the first two weeks of the season. In 2009, it was Southern Miss. Last year, it was Houston AND Navy. This year it's SMU and Air Force. That means not to bet on SMU or Air Force to do much this year.
- I'm much lower on the Hokies than most. Yes, Tech's schedule is easy, but I hate it when teams get picked to be successful based on schedule. Tech's going to drop between one to three games during the regular season and their weak schedule won't allow them to pull themselves up as much. Tech is extremely thin on both lines and still has to figure out how to stop the run, so I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to the Hokies.
- Because of the sheer amount of talent they lost, I was tempted to leave TCU and Auburn off the ballot altogether.
- Teams I like more than most: South Carolina, Missouri, Michigan State.
- Teams I dislike more than most: Virginia Tech, Texas A&M, Florida, Notre Dame.