Week two in college football was interesting, to say the least.
There was good, there was bad and there was very unfortunate. The good? Teams ahead of Tech (Wisconsin and Arkansas) lost. The bad? Pittsburgh's offensive line and Miami's overall play. The very unfortunate? Tulane safety Devon Walker. Thoughts and prayers to him, his family and his teammates on his road to recovery. An injury like that really puts things in perspective.
Let's take a quick look back at some of Week 2 action:
- Miami was pummeled by No. 21 Kansas State, 52-13, to make the ACC look (even) worse in out-of-conference play.
- No. 2 USC turned a 21-16 lead going into the 4th quarter into a 42-29 win over Syracuse.
- Missouri's first SEC game looked good at half with a 10-9 lead, but No. 7 Georgia answered authoritatively and won 41-20.
- Louisiana-Monroe shocked No. 8 Arkansas with a 34-31 OT victory
- Oregon State upset No. 13 Wisconsin with a 10-7 win, one not many expected to see.
- No. 16 Nebraska was upset by No. 22 UCLA and No. 18 Oklahoma State was upset by No. 24 Arizona 59-38
Just like last week, VT's game not included.