Time: 7:30 p.m. EDT
Date: Thursday, Sept. 26, 2013
Place: Atlanta, Ga.
Stadium: Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic Grant Field
(Cap: 55,ooo, Open: 1913, Field: Grass)
Radio: VT IMG, XM 91, Sirius 91
Spread: Virginia Tech +7.5
Weather: High of 79, 10% Chance of Rain
- Georgia Tech runs the triple-option offense, primarily out of the Flexbone formation, and is almost exclusively a running team.
- Defensively, the Yellow Jackets play out of the
- The Yellow Jackets rank No. 29 nationally in total offense with 484.7 yards per game. They are also scoring 45.3 points per game, which ranks No. 10 nationally.
- Georgia Tech ranks No. 115 in passing offense with 139.3 yards per game through the air.
- The Yellow Jackets rank No. 4 nationally with 345.3 yards per game on the ground.
- Defensively, the Jackets are giving up 275.3 yards per game, good for No. 11 nationally. They also are ranked No. 12 in the nation in scoring defense, giving up 11.3 points per game.
- In rushing defense, Georgia Tech is No. 22 nationally, allowing only 107.3 yards per game. Through the air, they've allowed 168 yards per game, good for a No. 21 ranking in the nation.
- Vad Lee has passed for 418 yards on 22-39 passing with 7 touchdowns and 1 interception so far this season. Lee also has 180 yards and 3 touchdowns on 52 carries.
- Running back David Sims leads the team with 211 yards on the ground with 3 touchdowns.
- The Yellow Jackets' passing game is too spread out and sporadic to analyze, but their leading receiver, DeAndre Smelter has 6 catches through 3 games for 100 yards.