The Miami Hurricanes (4-3, 1-2 ACC) travel to Blacksburg Thursday night to take on the Virginia Tech Hokies (4-3, 1-2 ACC) at 8 p.m. on ESPN.
Virginia Tech Game Notes:
- Miami holds an 18-13 lead in the series dating back to 1953.
- The 'Canes won the first 13 games between the schools until Virginia Tech defeated No. 17 Miami 13-7 at home in 1995.
- Tech has won is 7-3 against Miami in ACC games.
Success at Home
- The Hokies are 26-9 under Frank Beamer when playing night games in Lane Stadium. Beamer has also guided Tech to a 22-5 record at home against ACC Coastal opponents.
- Tech is 11-4 in Thursday night home games.
- The Hokies currently rank fourth in the nation in third down conversion defense and 20th in total defense.
- The Hokies ran for just 26 yards on 22 carries in the loss to Pittsburgh. Tech is just 30-71 when being outushed in the Beamer era.
- If you're attending the game it's going to get pretty chilly tonight. Dress accordingly.
Here's a look at your game day forecast for Blacksburg tonight. Grab a blanket and a heavier jacket. pic.twitter.com/wGcVbKYtmZ— WDBJ7 Weather (@WDBJ7Weather) October 23, 2014
Miami Game Notes:
- Miami head coach Al Golden is 1-2 against the Hokies. The 'Canes hosted Tech the last two season with each school winning once. Golden lost in his only trip to Blacksburg 38-35 in 2011-12.
- Both the Hokies and Hurricanes have made a lot of mistakes this season. Tech currently ranked 103rd in the country in penalties while Miami is 113th
- Brad Kaaya wasn't expected to start this season, but he's made the most of the opportunity. He's completed 63% of his passes for 1806 yards and 16 touchdowns to just eight interceptions.
Give us your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to drop by to chat during the game.