Virginia Tech (4-4, 1-3 ACC) looks to get on the right track at home against conference rival Boston College (5-3, 2-2 ACC). The game kicks off at 12:30 p.m. on the ACC Network and WatchESPN.
Virginia Tech Game Notes:
- This marks the 23rd football meeting between the two schools. Tech leads the series 15-7 including a 6-3 mark in Lane Stadium.
- The Hokies hold a 7-4 advantage as ACC members including two wins over BC in the conference championship in 2007 and 2008.
- Tech is 4-0 in games when the Hokies score first and 0-4 when the other team opens the scoring this season.
- Virginia tech owns a 21-6 record against ACC opponents in the month of November since joining the conference in 2004.
Hall of Fame Weekend
- Tech will honor six former student-athletes at halftime as the latest class to be inducted into the Virginia Tech Sports Hall of Fame.
- Jake Grove (football), Lee Suggs (football), Brendon de jonge (golf), Ashlee Dobbe (softball), Ieva Kublina (women's basketball) and Dawn Will Cliffe (lacrosse) were inducted on Friday.
Home Sweet Home
- Tech has lost twice this season at Lane Stadium. The last time the Hokies lost three games at home was 1992 when the team lost four times.
Boston College Game Notes:
Coaching Match Up
- Steve Addazio is in his second season at BC where he's posted a 12-9 record including a 1-0 mark against the Hokies.
- Addazio was part of two BCS National Championship winners with Urban Meyer at Florida.
- BC is currently ranked 11th in the nation is run defense and is allowing just 18.8 points per contest, good for 13th in the land.
- Florida transfer Tyler Murphy leads the Eagles in rushing with 843 yards and eight touchdowns.