Virginia Tech (5-5, 2-4 ACC) heads down to Winston-Salem, NC for a game against Wake Forest (2-8, 0-6 ACC) Saturday at 12:30 p.m. You can watch on your local ACC Network affiliate or on WatchESPN.
Virginia Tech Game Notes:
- Virginia Tech leads the all-time series with a 24-11-1 record dating back to 1916
- Despite the Hokies being an ACC member since 2004, this game marks just the fourth meeting between the schools as conference foes in football
- Tech has won the last eight games against Wake Forest played in Winston-Salem
- Frank Beamer is 4-0 against the Demon Deacons
Going To Carolina
- Under Frank Beamer the Hokies have posted a 22-6 record in games played in the state of North Carolina including winning 12 of its last 14
Dude, Let's Go Bowling
- With a win Saturday, Tech will become bowl eligible for the 22nd consecutive season. The Hokies are one of only six programs in NCAA history to go to at least 20 bowl games.
Wake Forest Game Notes:
New Colors, New Result?
- Dave Clawson is in his first season at the helm of the Demon Deacons after previous coaching stints at Fordham, Richmond and Bowling Green. Clawson lost his only previous meeting with the Hokies in 2012 when Tech beat Bowling Green 37-0.
- The Demon Deacons enter the game 0-6 in ACC play this season. Wake is trying to avoid its first winless season in conference since 1995.
Points At A Premium
- In 36 games, the Deacs have been outscored by the Hokies 822-406.