Virginia Tech Hokies (2-1) vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (3-0)
Virginia Tech Offense vs. Georgia Tech Defense
- Georgia Tech runs a 4-2-5 defensive scheme
- Defensively, Georgia Tech ranks 72nd nationally in yards per game, allowing an average of 393.7. They have allowed 26 points per game, good for 71st in the country.
- In rushing defense, the Yellow Jackets rank a low 108th nationally, allowing 216.67 ground yards per game. Through the air, Georgia Tech is allowing an 177 yards passing yards per game, 27th nationally.
- The Yellow Jackets have struggled stopping teams on third down conversions, ranking 102nd in the statistic, allowing a 45.71% conversion rate.
- Virginia Tech ranks 84th in the country in total offense, averaging 399 yards per game.
- Through three games the Hokies are averaging 30 points per game, ranking 71st nationally.
- The Hokies place 86th in rushing offense, averaging 144.67 yards on the ground.
- Virginia Tech is sitting at 56th in the country in passing offense, throwing for 254.3 yards per game.
Virginia Tech Defense vs. Georgia Tech Offense
- Georgia Tech runs a spread offensive scheme.
- The Yellow Jackets ranks 47th in total offensive nationally, accumulating 467.7 yards per game. They are averaging 39.3 points per game, placing them 38th in the country.
- In rushing offense, Georgia Tech is 13th nationally, with 306 ground yards per game.
- The Yellow Jackets place near the bottom of the country in passing offense at 112th, averaging 161.7 yards through the air.
- Virginia Tech is allowing 340.7 total yards on offense, which is good for 39th in the nation.
- Through three games, the Hokies have surrendered 19.3 points per game, 35th nationally in the category.
- A poor effort defending the pass against ECU dropped the Hokies to 84th nationally in the category, with a 254.3 yards against average.
- On the ground, Virginia Tech has allowed 86.3 yards against this season, ranking 18th nationally.
Watch The Box Score
- Virginia Tech total rushing yards
- Georgia Tech total rushing yards
- Virginia Tech 3rd down conversion rate
- Time of possession
Georgia Tech Players To Watch
- QB - Justin Thomas
- RB - Zach Laskey
- LB - Quayshawn Nealy
- LB - Paul Davis
Virginia Tech Players To Watch
- QB - Michael Brewer
- RB - Shai McKenzie
- RB - Marshawn Williams
- LB - Chase Williams
Virginia Tech 27-Georgia Tech 13
Neither school possesses a gunslinger quarterback, leaving the game to be decided on the ground. It will be a battle in the trenches, and the Hokies will eventually take advantage of the Yellow Jackets' trouble stopping the run and getting off the field defensively to pull out the victory.