The Hokies are about to either kick off or receive, but we know that the short trip to Winston-Salem is more than a bus ride and a music mix on the pod thingy. The Hokies are rolling. The Offensive line has been dominant, Hendon Hooker is finally healthy and has the helm, and Khalil Herbert is operating like he wants some serious next level recognition.
The Hokies are going to need to answer a few questions, fast, though.
- Defense has been getting healthy but is still a patchwork quilt of conditioning. Will this week’s secondary look closer to normal?
- Last week the Defense got stops by taking the ball away. Can it get stops by getting stops?
- We know that Wake’s QB can pass, but can its O-Line block for him?
- Can Virginia Tech’s Defensive Line get solid pressure without needing blitzing linebackers and safeties?
- Wake’s Defensive Line has one really good player at DE. Can the Hokie O-Line keep him out of critical plays?
- The O-Line has said that their goal is 300 yards on the ground per game. Will the Virginia Tech Offense get the ground game thundering again?
- Will Khalil Herbert go over 100 yards again? Will someone else, Hendon Hooker, join him?
- Will the Hokies get some passing offense going to Raheem Blackshear out of the backfield? Will we see Tre Turner on the field and healthy? Will Tayvion Robinson and James Mitchell get a chance to make a difference?
There are lots of questions, and we shall see how they are answered, momentarily. Chime in, commiserate, comment, groan, yell... but join us.