Back in April the ACC Network used their empty schedule to highlight each member school with a day’s worth of content. Now with the ACC Football schedule tentatively set and just weeks away, the network is bringing back the school-focused days to raise the hype. And we’ve made it to the latest Virginia Tech day. Tomorrow, Sunday, August 9th, starting at 10 am.
This iteration will start off with softball in the St. Pete Clearwater Challenge followed by two men’s basketball contests from the early days in the ACC. A women’s basketball game proceeds two original content pieces - (1) 3-Day Weekend: Virginia Tech and (2) Authentic ACC: Virginia Tech Hard Hat Mentality.
Then the night is capped off by two Hokies Football classics, starting with the 2009 Tyrod Taylor special against Nebraska. The final VT program of the night is the last Black Diamond Trophy game in which the Hokies hosted, and defeated, West Virginia back in 2017.
Here is the full press release and breakdown of the schedule:
- 10 a.m. - Softball - Virginia Tech vs South Carolina - St. Pete Clearwater Challenge - Feb. 14, 2020
- Noon - Men’s Basketball - Virginia Tech at Duke - Jan. 6, 2007
- 2 p.m. - Men’s Baskteball - Virginia Tech at Wake Forest - Jan. 21, 2009
- 4 p.m. - Women’s Basketball - Virginia Tech at Syracuse - March 1, 2018
- 6 p.m. - 3-Day Weekend: Virginia Tech
- 6:30 p.m. - Authentic ACC: Virginia Tech Hard Hat Mentality
- 7 p.m. - Football - Nebraska at Virginia Tech - Sept. 9, 2009
- 10 p.m. - Football - West Virginia at Virginia Tech Sept. 3, 2017
It’s been over five months since we’ve seen the Hokies in action, and potentially just about a month away from the start of the new ACC Football season. Relive some of Tech’s best moments across four different sports and two unique looks at Blacksburg, campus culture and the football program. Enjoy Hokies!