The Virginia Tech Hokies kicked off the month of June with a bang on the recruiting front. Once the NCAA dead period was lifted last week, Tech’s coaching staff hosted several players on unofficial visits as several high schoolers from across the region made their way to Blacksburg.
On Friday, June 4, Tech hosted several players on official visits — many of which were some of its top targets.
Here is a list of some of the official visitors from this past weekend:
- Cornerback Cam Miller, Fernandina Beach, Florida
- Cornerback Mansoor Delane, Severn, Maryland
- Tight end Charlie Henrich, Middletown, Ohio
- Offensive tackle Gunner Givens, Daleville, Virginia
- Defensive lineman Rashaud Pernell, Highland Springs, Virginia
- Defensive end Bryson Jennings, Midlothian, Virginia
- Defensive tackle Malachi Madison, Ellenwood, Georgia
- Athlete/linebacker Tyler Banks, Crewe, Virginia
- Cornerback Cam Johnson, Baltimore, Maryland
There were other visitors on campus over the weekend, and these were the ones we were able to confirm. All of these players are top targets for the Hokies, who also have big weekends planned for the rest of June with other top targets.
Jennings is the son of the former Hokie tight end, Bryan Jennings. He is an impressive player and one of the most important in this class. Pernell is from Highland Springs High School, and the Hokies need to get back in there more frequently.
Pernell is a good player, too.
Givens, of course, is the headliner. He is an absolute must-get for Virginia Tech in this class, and it looks like the Hokies may have to battle Penn State for him. But, unfortunately, in the past, that hasn’t worked out too well for Tech.
Johnson, Delane and Miller are massive targets, too. It would be huge if VT could land either Miller or Johnson.
It was a very impressive weekend for the Hokies and the recruiting staff planned out a great weekend for the players.
Tech kept the athletes in Blacksburg, they normally might make a trip for dinner to the Farm House in Christiansburg, but visitors ate at the Maroon Door on Friday, Mellow Mushroom on Saturday for dinner, they had a cookout at Lane Stadium on Saturday with a Cabo food truck— michaelniziolek (@michaelniziolek) June 7, 2021
Next, we wait for some players to commit.